Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

so cold.




It's days like today that I long for summer. It's freezing cold, I just got my hair cut but not blow dried, and now I am sitting in the loudest Starbucks ever because the house is getting shown to potential buyers today. BUT I will say that it's kind of nice to be forced to get out and do something that I rarely get to do... AKA blogging. And listening to Mumford and Sons while doing it.

Side note: it just started snowing. It's pretty from my Sbux window view. So that's a plus.

Anyway. I've had a lot going on lately and moving is just one part of it. There are so many decisions to make these days. Job situations. The amount of time I commit to playing music. How much energy I devote to certain things. It's kind of overwhelming to think about. Sometimes I feel like I have to have it all figured out all at once. NOT TRUE. But surprisingly deceptive.

Here's something I just read: "we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."

I always thought of that verse strictly in terms of doing God's work or everything "Christiany." I see now that it totally applies to all parts of my life, even in the hardest of decisions. Even the minimal things that may not matter to anyone else but me. Even when I don't know where I am going to end up, I can conquer the wondering and fear and doubt and waiting through Him. And when I get there, I'll know I was able to be the conqueror of these issues only because I trusted Him. (How hard is that kind of trust, by the way? So hard.)

Must keep that as a close reminder.

xo

No comments: