Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

survive the sword.

"the people who survive the sword will find favor in the desert; I will come to give rest to Israel."
- Jeremiah 31:2

How did God know that I felt exactly like that? For months I've been feeling like I'm under the pressure of being beaten down by various things (AKA swords). He is in the process of restoring me and I am beginning to see His favor in my life. And the rest thing... No joke, I feel at peace already.

Here's where I was before, and the reminder that brought me out of it last night:

"in the pride of your heart you say, 'I am a god; I sit on the throne of a god in the heart of the seas.' BUT YOU ARE A MAN AND NOT A GOD, though you think you are as wise as a god."
- ezekiel 28:1-2

Wow. I pretty much treat my life like I'm in control of it all the time. What a wake up call. I think we all play God at some point and try to make everything work to our benefit right when we want it to, or we have to have things our way. We try to make life as "perfect" as possible. But how burdening is trying to attain perfection? And how hard is it to face when you can't? Jesus is in a position to deal with just that. He doesn't want our perfection. He simply wants our trust.

xo

No comments: