Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

fighting.


it's so nice to wake up not having to be anywhere for hours. isn't that a good feeling? i thoroughly enjoy it. so i've made my coffee, put on florence + the machine ("ceremonials" album), and now i'm blogging.

recently God has been teaching me a fair amount about forgiveness and dealing with your enemies. i've never had a "real" enemy in my life-- but i do have someone present now who is definitely against me for completely irrational reasons. what do you do in that situation? i could get really angry with her and verbally bash her; i could fight back and try to take her down. but what about that makes me a better person? none of the above.

last night i read a verse before bed that gives me a solution: "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you... rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven." - matthew 5:11-12


it was really good to read that as a reminder of how i should react to this situation. my natural instinct is to fight back. but i know that the gracious way of handling this will be way more noticeable than some fleeting words and returned insults. and in a situation where all the things against me are lies, i know Truth has to prevail. there's no other way. and that's where this comes in: "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven." - matthew 5:44-45.


anyway. we'll see where this all ends up. in the meantime, i've been settling into my new house, spending time with my new roommate (but longtime friend) Laura, hanging out at pools, getting tan, and enjoying this change of scenery in my life. it came at a much needed time. AND... i turn 26 tomorrow!! INSANE.

until later,

xo.

No comments: