Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

thankful.


i'm back in salisbury this weekend to visit with some dear friends and enjoy taking a break from my busy life. i'm listening to phil wickham while larissa naps on the couch of our old house. then we are going to my old tattoo shop to get a little something done :) more about that later!

i've felt so cranky this weekend; i don't know if it's because i have to much to do and places to be and people to see, but i think i'm just tired and need to find rest in something other than actual sleep. like this (from 1 John 3):

19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

i'm so thankful today for a God who knows me better than anyone else. who forgives my shortcomings. who knows what i need in the right timing, even when i can't understand that. who accepts my tears and joy and pain and weaknesses. who bears my burdens for me daily. i need all of this in my life.

i also love this mumford & sons quote today:
"in these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die; where you invest your love, you invest your life."
truth.

No comments: