Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

veteran's day/days 13 & 14 - bands & heroes

continuing the 30 days of truth. but let me just give a shout out to the veterans world wide.. old or new to that, whether they've seen war or not, regardless if they've been on front lines or simply worked at a computer: thank you. it's a priceless thing to do what you're doing.

day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days.

being a musician, i obviously love music and a lot of artists. (a LOT.) but i can think of a few bands/people who have gotten me through hard times. in terms of heartbreak and such, copeland is a band that i have loved for years (and have had the privilege of also being friends with a couple of guys in it, i'm a little biased). the way their songs are written and played come from the heart, and every time i've seen them live, i feel like it's the first time. they are poetic and awesome.

in terms of christian artists, bethany dillon is my number one. she was one of the reasons i started writing, and my admiration for her will probably never die. she speaks truth into everything she writes. hillsong and jesus culture are the two others. they write and worship with their lives and many of their songs have gotten me through rough days. i always think of the JC song "You are Faithful" because that was my theme song for a few months awhile ago.

day 14: A hero that has let you down.

hmm. besides Jesus (corny, i know), i don't know that i've had any real heroes in my life, much less one that has let me down. i guess if i had to pick one i'd say my dad. in an ideal world, a daughter's father is supposed to be her role model.. ever loving, forgiving, compassionate and caring. my dad doesn't express those values to me. that's kind of a letdown. but he's given me a privileged life and i'm grateful to him for that at least.

No comments: