Sunday, November 7, 2010

30 days of truth -- 6-10

i've been so behind with my 30 days of truth.. so here are a few at once.

Day 6 - something you hope you never have to do.

i truly hope i never have to say goodbye to someone i love or know (long-term. i have friends that live all over the world so i feel like i say goodbye on a semi-regular basis haha). i hope i never have to say goodbye to a family member or close friend because they're going to heaven. you never know what's going to happen in this life but i never want to experience that until i'm like 80.

Day 7 - someone who has made your life worth living for.

Jesus Christ. before i knew what it meant to follow Him, i was kind of a mess. knowing the Lord has made me a much better person and has enabled me to live freely, with forgiveness, made new in my mistakes, and grow close to people without judgment. i'm still a sinner, but i'm a sinner saved by grace.

Day 8 - someone who has made your life hell, or treated you badly.

hmmm. that's a tough one because it sounds so harsh. but i'd have to say at one point in my life, my parents. it hasn't been easy dealing with their divorce and various family circumstances. at one point during my sophomore year of high school (the year they got divorced), i spent almost all my time holed up in my room crying and not wanting to do anything. my grades suffered and i was falling apart. it was because of my family situation and while things are okay-ish now, my parents definitely made growing up a little harder.

Day 9 - someone you didn't want to let go, but just drifted.

one of the things i dislike about life is that you can be so close to a person at one given time, but they can just as easily fade away. i don't know that there's anyone in particular that i feel like i need to have back in my life, but there are friendships i still have that have changed and aren't the same. i guess there are times that i'd like to go back to the way things used to be.

Day 10 - someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know.

i've recently let go of a friend that i was close to for a few years throughout college/the real world. and that was a very smart decision for me because the more i viewed the situation, the more i realized that the relationship was 90% about the other person, 10% about me. i think friendships need to be around 50-50. i wasn't happy in that friendship and i have to say i'm relieved it's over.

until next time!

No comments: