Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

psalm 138:8

"the Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever-- do not abandon the works of Your hands."


i worry about a lot of silly things. like how my life is going to turn out, money (not having enough money, spending money, saving money, etc), love, friendships, people, family, work. you name it, i worry about it. i guess we all do that. but last night i began to realize that our days are numbered and are too short to worry about the things that don't even add meaning to our lives. if i'm going to claim to trust Christ to provide and instruct me and heal me and have perfect timing, then i need to live up to that. i think i fail at that more than anything else. but it comes down to the Lord knowing what's best and even in the worst circumstances, bringing us to a better place through suffering (like the suffering He did on the cross). so the next time i worry about something meaningless or superficial, i'm going to catch myself and remember that it isn't me or things that make life full. it's knowing that i have a Savior on my side to take care of it all for me, and to trust in that completely.

No comments: