Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

sick-ish?

today is a weird day.

first of all, i woke up and it was raining. that's okay because it hasn't rained in a while and it will get rid of the gross remaining snow. but also when i woke up, i felt not great. horrible would be an overstatement; fine won't really cut it. so i ate soup for breakfast and took a vitamin pill and a shower and went back to sleep for a few hours. then my sister got home from school and wouldn't use her key to let herself in; she just kept ringing the doorbell incessantly 'til i answered, so i woke up. i'm hoping this feeling goes away because i have dinner with a friend i haven't seen in far too long and babysitting tonight.. then a long night of watching Harry Potter or LOST (tbd) with my bestest.

oh, also this morning: since spring is coming, all the birds and squirrels and creatures that co-exist in my woods and yard have returned.. which is fine with me, i like seeing birds perched on the rain gutter outside my window. however, i was emailing this morning when i saw something bigger than a bird flash across my window. it moved so fast i didn't get a good look at it, but eventually i assumed it must have been a bird flying past and i didn't see it in time. that was until a squirrel jumped off my roof and attached itself to my window screen right in front of me, causing me to almost have a heart attack because 1) it was loud, and 2) it was very startling. he spent a while just crawling around on my screen looking for a place to go.. in my 16 years of living in this house that has never happened. and i would be fine if it never happened again.

until next time..

No comments: