Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

psalm 16.. and other things

i didn't get home 'til 4 a.m. last night because i was catching up with the best friend.. so i'm running on 5 hours of sleep and a morning of crazy babysitting, but i'm okay with that. this morning i was stuck on psalm 16 for some reason; here are the highlights:

verse 1: "Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take refuge."
verse 2: "I said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing.'"
verses 5 & 6: "Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines for me have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." (in ESV, "beautiful inheritance")
verse 8: "I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
verses 9 & 10: "Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest secure, because You will not abandon me to the grave.." (that last part is one of my favorites)

i just found so much hope in this chapter today. there's so much going on in my life, good and bad, that i needed to feel that i have an inheritance from God that is secure.. that no matter what happens, my life will play out how He wants it to. and He won't abandon me ever. it's also a reminder to keep Him close.

anyway, some projects i'm working on today include a couple of new songs and cleaning out my sewing kit.. it's the most adorable vintage piece, we've had it forever:


so cute. until next time..

No comments: