Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

it's raining, but i see the light

it's funny how life works.. every time i wake up with a plan to get coffee and spend time with the Lord, i get called to babysit. no joke. this morning i got up really late, close to 12, and was checking my email when my phone rang. but it was an opportunity to serve a family, so of course i went. and even though it was only for an hour and a half, i felt really blessed to spend some time with a sweet two year old boy who snuggled with me as we watched Dora the Explorer on this rainy morning.

i've been coming across some verses that i wanted to share with you. these are really impacting my life right now, so hopefully you get something out of them too:

- 1 Peter 5:6 (i've already blogged about this one.. see the last few posts)

- "This is what the Lord says: 'Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work will be rewarded,' declares the Lord." - Jeremiah 31:16. right now, i consider my "work" to be obedience, patience, and waiting on Him. my reward comes with devotion and belief. i tend to trust way too much in myself, which is pointless since God just keeps proving that He hears me and prayers said by others for me.

- "And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." - James 3:18
i don't have the best track record as a peacemaker, especially in my family. but all the times i want to yell at my sister or get mad at my dad are now canceled out by this verse. PEACE MAKES PEACE. i have to believe in that truth.

- "Go, eat your food with gladness and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do." - Ecclesiastes 9:7. the time for experiencing life to the fullest in everything that i do is NOW, and God will bless that.. which leads to verse 9:10- "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.." even though i'm not working right now or living the "perfect life" beyond college years, getting engaged and having kids, i AM serving families and my church and working on my music. God is blessing that, even though i'm not living a life that seems "normal."

normal lives are overrated anyway, right? :)

No comments: