Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

hallelujah.

I had a rough beginning of the week, what with a new job, my crazy heart and random struggles. But praise the Lord, He is so good. My job is such a blessing-- even though it's pretty much the most boring thing you'd never dream of doing, it pays well and it's full time. In an economy like today's, I'm grateful to have it (and that is what I tell myself over and over again). Today is Friday and I am genuinely excited to sleep in tomorrow and do fun things all weekend. Also, praise God for my roommate. We never go through a day without expressing how much we appreciate each other and she is just one of the best things about my life. She has shown me what it truly looks like to live in awe of the Lord and commit to Him even when it's hard. 

Other things that are good: 

- Cru last night really spoke to me about not making life complicated any more-- and I was able to realize just how much I do that. I complicate EVERYTHING. Seriously, I do. But the simplicity of Christ is what I'm learning to love all over again. I've always had a very simple view of Christianity, at least for myself: belief/faith in Jesus + the Word of God = all you need. I've always believed that concept, and for a long time I thought I was weird because everyone else seemed to be analyzing it to death and putting labels on Christianity and all this other stuff. But I find my relationship with Jesus is so much better because I keep it simple, and I want to keep striving to do that instead of complicating it.

- As long as I live (on this earth and in eternity), I will never ever get tired of worshiping God/leading others in worship. It's by far my favorite thing to do, especially with a room full of my favorite people.

- I've been able to see how God provides even when people don't realize that He is in their life. Plus He's given me everything I have right up to this second, so I can say without hesitation that trusting in Him may not be easy all the time, but it's definitely worth it.

Hallelujah.

No comments: