Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

tuesdays can sometimes be like mondays.

I needed this verse this morning:

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." - 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

I am in need of a lot of comforting from the Lord lately. I haven't been living up to His expectations, that's for sure. I am in a bad mindset these days. And I'm not loving people like I should; instead I'm bitterly aware of that while I'm doing it (and that makes it worse). I am disappointed in how I've been living and I've been let down by what I want that isn't happening-- still, should I keep going in that direction just because? No, I know I need to turn back to the Comforter. He deserves better from me.

No comments: