Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

the ultimate comfort.

I met up with about fourteen-ish of my old friends that graduated last night at the Shanes/Beth/Phil show in DE... it was an awesome time. It snowed so it was freezing but pretty outside, and it was so good to catch up with everyone I've missed. Aside from the friends, the music was obviously great; these guys never disappoint. Every time I see them I leave with the feeling that I just want to worship the Lord for a living-- oh, if only that could actually happen. The show left me reminded that He is in control and nothing I do wrong is bigger than the blood of Christ.

I woke up this morning and started reading through Colossians-- one of my absolute favorite books. This is something I really needed to hear:

"Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now He has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in His sight, without blemish and free from accusation-- if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel." - Colossians 1:21-23

^ I've found myself alienated from God a lot lately because of my sin. It's really easy for Satan to get a hold on me these days while I'm in the midst of graduating and worrying and stressing out big time. Some days I just can't handle what life throws at me and I turn into someone I'm not meant to be. Those emotions definitely don't come from the Lord, and I'm finding it hard to lean on Him for what's going to happen in my life. I have about two weeks to figure it all out and I'm praying every ten seconds because I freak out about it that often. But "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." - Colossians 1:17.

That's the ultimate comfort.


No comments: