Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2008

new november.

Finally, October is over. It was a really bad month, and I'm so ready to put it behind me. Luckily, the struggles I faced this past week have faded and I'm feeling better. The Lord is definitely working. Prayer and worship last night was something I needed because God always shows up there for me, especially in the prayers of others. It just seems like everything matches up-- when someone is praying for something for all of us, it's exactly what I need to hear. I gain more confidence in my Lord in knowing that I don't have to have my life worked out, that He is going to work it out. Lately the stress of money and a job after college has been on me hardcore, but as of right now I know my place is still in Salisbury after I graduate-- even if that means being slightly broke. Has He ever left me? No. Will He ever leave me? No.

Life gets really chaotic sometimes and I think we tend to fall into a pattern of worshiping chaos more than God. I found this verse yesterday: "For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace." - 1 Corinthians 14:33. That's really comforting to me.

I was also really encouraged by what Paul had to say in verse 15:9-10: "For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." This great man of God used to be a living example of disbelief, hate and sin. Only God could change that. It's a good reminder for me when I'm thinking about my campus and how there are people wrapped up in so many things of the world that they can't shake and don't want to shake. God can shake all of it. I've seen Him change my life, my friend's lives, lives of atheists and drug dealers and people you would never think would follow God. So who's to say He can't change this campus? It starts with us and our boldness if we choose to follow it.

No comments: