Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

election day.

Once again, we face another election. I've never been deeply into politics or cared that much, but I have a nice bunch of political friends that got me thinking this year. Yesterday my friends and I gathered on the grass from 10-4 to pray, read the Bible, fast, worship and share thoughts over the election. It was a really cool time for me because 1) I was there for six hours and loved it, 2) I had never fasted over something before and 3) I had some great conversations with people. I've started praying hardcore for this country like I never have before because I do believe that God will move-- through our President and through us. There's a line from Hillsong United's "Solution" that says, "Politics will not decide if we should rise and be Your hands and feet." So, so true. The leader of this country can do good things for us, yes. But will he be the ultimate solution to every issue we face? Absolutely not. Jesus is the only one for that job. I'm praying that the Lord is going to be working through our next leader, no matter who it is. I'm praying for specific issues that need to be faced like abortion and hunger. I'm praying that our country will experience a revolution of change that only comes from Him. Friends, please join me in praying for these things. I think it's just as important as voting and in the long run, matters a heck of a lot more.

"Sow for yourselves righteousness,
reap the fruit of unfailing love,
and break up your unplowed ground;
for IT IS TIME TO SEEK THE LORD,
until he comes and showers righteousness on you."

- Hosea 10:12

No comments: