Wednesday, October 2, 2013
happy, happy birthday to my roommate! laura is the best. here is a list of why she is great:
1. when we were renting together and our landlord sold the house, she bought one of her own and still lets me live with her :) so thanks for keeping a roof over my head, friend!
2. she lets me borrow her clothes (that leopard shirt was loved by all the other night).
3. i think our best times are when we veg out on the couch watching our tv shows. we've gotten into some pretty random stuff over the years, and we quote them all on our bathroom mirror with window markers.
4. speaking of the bathroom... we have the majority of our conversations when she is in there washing her face and i am sitting outside on the floor. i keep saying we should get a rug for me to sit on since i park myself there so often. it's good times.
5. our house always has cookies, frozen pizza, ice cream, and nutella. the perfect fixes for last-minute dinners, movie nights, The Bachelor viewings, and hurting hearts.
6. Four words: Guy on a Buffalo.
7. laura has gotten really into gardening since she bought the house. it's awesome... she'll say, "oh, i just need to go pull this weed i saw outside, be right back." ... 5 hours later, the yard is covered in pulled weeds and she is covered in dirt. it's hilarious!
8. she gives pretty good advice. even if i don't listen to it sometimes :)
9. You've Got Mail is always a valid movie option in our house since it's her favorite. i have zero complaints about this.
10. last but not least, she is a good friend and roommate. sounds lame, but those are hard to come by, and i'm glad to live with someone who doesn't suck!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURA!