Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

a journal entry.

i've had an interesting week. between being really sick, my roommate being sick as well, worrying about life's issues, working hard, and being distracted, you know what i figured out i was missing?

jesus.

i am ashamed to admit it, but i will: i've forgotten my Savior recently. i turn my face away from Him, only to look for my own solutions and trust in my own devices. what is this path i'm on? haven't i made enough mistakes to know that i so desperately need Him? and that He loves me enough to take me back every single time?

this is a love i don't deserve.

distractions are my worst enemy. they so easily consume me. something as little as laundry or as big as a broken heart is enough to separate me from my God. but in this, i find:

"surely the arm of the lord is not to short to save, nor His ear too dull to hear."
- isaiah 59:1

thank God for His mercy. because most of the time, i am lost. i am a wandering soul trying to figure out how to live without messing it up. i am only human.

"for the Son of man came to seek and to save the lost."
- luke 19:10

hallelujah.

No comments: