Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

tuesday journal.


today's post is about not having it all together.

i'd like to think i do, in all honesty. what is my life? i go to work. i come home. i lead worship in my beautiful church. i write out my thoughts. i blog. but in between? i cry. i worry. i try to understand what my life is becoming before i quickly figure out that i can't decipher it all in one night.

and you know what i've been figuring out? that it's okay to be that way.

i've been working on myself-- trying to become a better person and work out my little kinks that bring me down. in fact, i highly recommend it for anyone who is having a hard time right now. if you're feeling burdened, broken down, and failed, take a minute. examine your life and ask yourself why. there's a reason for it all, i promise. a lot of truth can come with breaking down your own walls and figuring out the real root of the problem. and the fix isn't a fast one-- no amount of shopping, ignoring it, bs-ing your way through it or crying (although helpful) will heal the issue. be honest with yourself! you can make it better... in fact, you owe it to yourself.

i feel like there are a lot of changes coming up in my life, and i'm glad i'm taking the chance to be better and work it all out before i embrace another chapter of life.
"may the Lord, who is good, pardon everyone who sets his heart on seeking God-- the Lord, the God of his fathers-- even if he is not clean according to the rules of the sanctuary." - 2 chronicles 30:19
i read that this week and it struck a chord with me because i believe so much more that even if i don't feel "perfect" according to this world, i am freed from that by my Savior. hallelujah.

xo.

No comments: