Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

DAY 1 - HATE

[this is the first post of the "30 Days of Truth" experiment.]

Day 1 is something you hate about yourself.

I think I'd say how insecure I can be. Of course, that's true for every girl. But for the past six-ish months I've found myself living in the shadow of other people. On paper, my life is wonderful. I have a job I enjoy, enough money to pay rent and keep me alive, a townhouse and my best friend as my roommate, and a busy social life. God has blessed me. Still, in all of that, I find myself getting jealous sometimes of people that have better jobs, more money, boyfriends, etc. This is completely irrational for my happiness, and I'm more than aware of that. It's something I've been coming to terms with for a while. The good news is that I've stopped trying to care so much about everyone else's lives. (Don't read that as "i don't care about people.") I'm learning not to focus on how well off everyone else is and just look out for myself and live my own life. I wish the insecurity I feel could go away on its own, but the truth is that it takes a lot of work. But life is not a competition, nor should it be viewed as one. It can definitely feel like one sometimes. I'm trying to quit competing and start living.

No comments: