Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

a post of honesty.

lately, i've been horrible about being honest with God. He knows everything about me, but i don't want to admit the bad to myself. quite frankly, i'm a mess. i screw up and put myself out in the world in all the wrong ways and show myself more as a sinner than a Christ follower. and the worst part is that even when it's said, done and repented of, my mind wants to do it again. Satan succeeds at waging war on my soul. i can't stop him from trying. and i'll be making mistakes on this earth until the day i die. but the truth is that neither Satan nor i have power over my heart. he might control my thoughts sometimes and i may control my actions, but Jesus Christ has my heart. no matter what.

"this then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in His presence whenever our hearts condemn us. for God is greater than our hearts, and He knows everything."
- 1 john 3:19-20

Father, i pray that i would be able to wake up every day, walk out of my house, and put on the face of who You are, the hands of who You are, the love of who You are.. and let them see more of You than they ever see of myself. amen.

<3.

No comments: