Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

unswerving.

I had to take a break from the lists to write this post, because it's important to me. On Sunday I was leading worship and church and read this verse to our congregation:
"let us draw near to god with a sincere heart in FULL ASSURANCE OF FAITH, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold UNSWERVINGLY to the hope we profess, for He who promised IS FAITHFUL. and let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds."
- Hebrews 10:22-24

Oh, how often I fail at all of that. I don't know if I've ever had a FULL assurance of faith. I doubt a lot. Not my beliefs, but in my trust of god's provision. And holding on "unswervingly" to hope. I swerve a LOT. But I guess that's the whole point of me having Jesus in my life.. A light to guide me, a teacher to correct me, a father to discipline me, and a savior to love me. All in His grace.

I take this for granted every single day, especially lately. My busy life "won't let me" sit down and pray or read the Bible. what kind of an excuse is that?? Jesus makes all the time in the world for me and shed all His blood for me-- and I think it's too hard to make time. If this is how the world leads me to be, then I want out.

No comments: