Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

happy columbus day!

I've never taken time to appreciate Christopher Columbus before. But now that I have today off, I love him a lot.

My long lost roommate Nikki has returned from Vegas! She was there visiting her family for about a month, and now she's home with me again. So today we're going to spend some time together.. go to a movie, hang out, the usual.

Currently, I'm drinking hot apple cider and listening to an album I downloaded last night: Rosi Golan, "The Drifter and the Gyspy." If you like folk-acoustic with great lyrics and beautiful vocals, you will love her. I'm obsessed. This is one I'll be listening to for a long, long time. Also, I discovered that Hillsong put out a new one in August called "faith+hope+love," so I picked that up too. They never fail to amaze me with how they worship in that church. So when they do live recordings, I know it's going to be good. All I need now is a plane ticket to Australia. :)

I listen to Christian radio in the morning when I drive to work, mostly because they have music on 85% of the time as opposed to 10% of the time like other stations. And I've been hearing a Casting Crowns song called "East to West" a lot, which I love. I've always loved them, their music is power, and they speak the truth. Anyway, I opened my bible the other day to Psalms where I had been reading, and hello, that verse is right in front of me! I love when that happens. Also, I started writing down songs that have biblical lyrics in my Bible a while ago, so it was nice to add to the list. I just wanted to share it with you:

Psalm 103:11-12

"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us."

I think there's something so incredibly cool about describing how God works in terms like that. From east to west is a big distance! And I feel like heaven to earth is even more vast. And if that's how much God loves me and wants to care for me and take away my sin.. well then, why wouldn't I serve a God like that? Amazing.

No comments: