Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

where is home??

For me, home is anywhere my friends are. Seriously. I know some amazing people. I just got back from spending a week with them at OBX and a week really wasn't enough. I'm pretty convinced I could live with my best friends for the rest of my life and be okay with it (though they might not feel the same about me hahaha). I'm sad to be home. And I'm sad that our last big thing together is over and I'm not sure when I'll see those people again. I'm beyond blessed that none of them live too far away and we could easily get together if things like work, family vacations and plans didn't get in the way. I'm so thankful that my best friend Alicia moves here in three weeks to start her job at Hopkins (go Alicia!!) and my friend Nikki is moving into my house next week. It will be the start of some fun adventures for sure. That takes away a bit of the sting of not getting to see the people that mean the most to me often.

I was outside in my huge yard playing guitar today with my puppies running around barking like crazy and I realized something. I'm ready to leave my previous life behind and start anew. There are things about the person I am that definitely need to change and grow. There are things to leave behind and get over. There are things to forgive myself for and heal. I'm relying on God a lot for whatever comes my way and I'm glad I kind of get to start over from square one, living at home and leaving behind the college life. They were the best four years I've ever lived to date, but I know there's more in store for me. This is proof of the power of the Lord, and it has been true in my life:

"He reached down from on high and took hold of me,
He drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes who were too strong for me.
They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the Lord was my support.
He brought me out into a spacious place,
He rescued me because He delighted in me."
- 2 Samuel 22:17-20

I'm ready now.

1 comment:

Steven. Mr L. Lammy. said...

LOVE those verses, sarah. I'm glad beach week was so great...miss all you guys a lot! :)