Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

torn.

it isn't often that i have trouble making decisions. usually i'm good at making them for myself and everyone around me (especially my roommate- haha). but i'm feeling a little conflicted about some things these days. the good news is i know it will past. these things never last forever. praise the Lord.

i have a friend who is kind of going through a rough time right now and God gave me a verse that spoke to both of us:

"Yet I am always with you;
You hold me by my right hand.
You guide me with Your counsel,
and afterward You will take me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And earth has nothing I desire but You.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever."
- psalm 73:23-26

i often just read the last couple verses of those lines. But this time the part i put in bold was what got me thinking. it's been a very crazy year, from last summer to now. lots of things to figure out, lots of planning for the future, etc. but i think if i had just kept this particular verse in my thoughts, things might have been better for me along the way. my heart would have done better for sure. and i've found challenges of the heart are really what weigh hardest on me personally, whether in friendship or something deeper. no time like the present to start changing-- the Lord is already at work.

anyway. here's some sweet music you guys can check out if you want to.. some old, some new, but all good i promise.

- the wailin' jennys (bluegrass girls that amaze me)
- annie williams (acoustically wonderful)
- phil wickham, of course
- jesus culture (pure passion)
- simon & garfunkel (riss & i watched The Graduate this weekend)
- my new recordings on myspace.. just some rough things for fun

enjoy :)


No comments: