Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

i wanna be with You.

I decided not to go into work this morning for a lot of reasons. Number one: I haven't slept much lately and it hurts my body. Number two: I have been feeling so drained and I need the Lord. You know those times when you just need to sit down with Him and be with Him for longer than ten minutes? Yeah. That was me this morning. So I just prayed and prayed and tried to rid myself of stuff I've been feeling and thinking that wants to take over my life where God should be. I know it was well worth it to miss a day's work. It's also gotten me refocused to go back to the office tomorrow without a heavy heart and not wanting to be there. God has put me there for a reason as much as I feel that the work I'm doing is worthless. But the people in my office are not worthless and they don't know how much they are worth to the Lord-- I believe that's why I'm there, so they could know the worth they have. It's a hard thing to put out there and I'm just trying to love them right now but I know God is going to push me to a point where I just have to straight up introduce them to truth. It's scary but it's the reason I'm there.

I have a feeling about Cru tonight. I think it's going to be really awesome-- it always is, but God is making me feel like He is going to move big time. It's funny that I'm not more stressed because we didn't get to have band practice this week, so we're working on everything tonight and that can get crazy. But God will move. No matter what the night starts out looking like, He takes it over in a matter of seconds and lives do have the potential to be changed right there. I'm looking forward to seeing that tonight. And I'm excited to hear two of my brothers share their testimonies.

A song that is on my heart is "Always" by Hillsong. It just echoes what I'm feeling today-- like this: "Let the earth resound with praise, can you hear as all creation lives to glorify one Name? Breathe on me, let me see Your face and ever I will seek You. Cause all You are is all I want always. Draw me close in Your arms, oh God... I want to be with You." There is power in those lyrics.

Mark 10:29-30: "'I tell you the truth,' Jesus replied, 'no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for Me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields-- and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life.'"

No comments: