Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

almost done.

In five days I will no longer be a college student. I will not sit in a classroom or skip to do something fun (depending on my mood). I will not be on campus every day. I will not have homework. I will not take tests or write papers. I will not pull all-nighters to finish that last minute thing. I will be a graduate.

Intimidating? Hecks yes. I'm scared out of my mind to leave the undeniably best four years of my life behind. Along with zero job prospects and little money to keep my life running. But I can count on a whole lot of faith, perseverance, and prayer. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm in the middle of writing my last college paper and I'm trying to enjoy it, but the truth is I wish that part was over. I still have to study and I am trying to convince myself that I should savor it because I will never get to do it again. I won't miss that part of college, though. It was never about academics for me. Clearly I got through somehow (barely haha) but ever since I came to Salisbury University this place has been about God.

I came here a broken girl who said the F-word every other sentence. My first semester was when my roommate Tif brought me to Campus Crusade for Christ. It was a completely new experience for me-- I had been raised in Presbyterian church my whole life and hated it. I've always believed in God but never believed in how He could be active in my life. The spring of 2005 was when He changed me. In four years I haven't missed a Cru, I developed my skills as a worship leader, I met people that changed my life and I believe more than ever that God can do things that I as a human on this earth can't. So yeah, the academic part of college was good for me and all-- but what I got out of God's work in me here is so much better.

My advice for those of you who still have some semesters left? If you know God, keep seeking His plan for you and walk in it. Don't be afraid to ask Him what you should do even if you think it will be an answer you don't want to hear. And for those of you who don't believe or can't decide what you believe, I can honestly tell you that no single person will be able to decide it for you. Question God; think about the good and bad in your life and consider, just for a second, what God could do for you if you let Him.

No comments: