Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

2 days.

I'm done all my college work! Yay! I had an 8 a.m. final this morning (on about three hours of sleep, no less) and turned in my last papers. It's a weird feeling knowing that I'll never do work here again, but it's fun. And it leaves one more day to celebrate before I walk across the stage and endure a way too long/extremely boring ceremony just to tell me I made it.

This morning I've been thinking a lot about how lucky I am to have friends that don't judge or condemn. My friends are simply the best. This semester we've shared many good times at my house-- parties and grilling and just hanging out being stupid. I've grown closer to people that I've missed having in my life. And I am so very happy that I will be here next semester to rejoice in it all over again. I don't think I can survive without good people in my life.

My work situation hasn't gotten any better, but I have put it in the Lord's hands and I just decided that it isn't worth worrying over. God has never failed me, not once. I think it's a miracle in itself that I made it through college (since most of my time was spent playing guitar instead of going to class). I know that God will continue to provide for me, even if it's in a way that I am not willing to accept at first. I think He's telling me to swallow my pride and just let things happen His way... which reminds me of part of a Psalm I have taped to the inside of my car: "... show me the way I should go, for to You I lift up my soul." Also, this:

Psalm 37:5-6
"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this. He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun."

All I can say is "Amen."

No comments: