Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

thoughts.

This verse has been on my heart lately (it took me forever to re-find it because I was convinced it was a Psalm haha):

"Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the night begin, pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord." - Lamentations 2:19

I try to make sure I'm constantly pouring my heart out to Him, whether it's in praise or need. But tonight I realized that while I've been praying for little things here and there, I've failed to sit down with Him and just lay my burdens down and also praise Him for my life. If you haven't poured yourself out to Him recently, I encourage you to do that.

I'm still continuing to read through the Bible as a whole and I just finished Ephesians. I highlight everything I think is awesome/meaningful/important. I went back and looked through that book when I was done and most of it is highlighted. I'm so glad Paul wrote it. This has always been a favorite:

4:1- "As a prisoner of the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received."

live a worthy life. What a challenge Paul presents. I also enjoy some of the prayers he throws in there for the people he is visiting. They are often prayers I would pray for myself and the people around me. Beautiful words. And speaking of beautiful words, I've been listening to Kari Jobe a lot over Thanksgiving break and I really don't think there's anything more blessed than words of scripture put to song. Check out "Come to Me." And if you like scripturally based lyrics as much as I do, then feel free to head over to my website and listen to "Psalm 34" (and let me know what you think!)

I hope the start of this new week is blessed for you.

No comments: