Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

He's moving.

God has been moving a lot here recently. I've been blessed with lots of quality time with my roommate and the conversations we've been having are a total reflection of what God wants to do with us. First of all, last Thursday was when we had a speaker about missions at Cru. I had been spending time in prayer a few days that week because I needed God to break me of some things and I also was begging Him to show me what to do with my life (since graduation is three weeks away-- ahhh!). I was leading worship on Thursday and we did "You Said" by Shane & Shane which is my favorite song/anthem for anything mission-related. When I was singing it I just felt a desperate need to go back to China or anywhere, really. And since that night I realized that I have never had plans for myself because the plans God has for me are so much greater than anything I could come up with. People have asked me over and over again what I'm going to do with my life after college and I'm never able to tell them. I don't have a career in mind or a job I think would be awesome for me-- except the one that God just showed me. Serving Him in foreign lands and wherever He wants me to go is going to be my career and I'm so overjoyed that He revealed that to me. One verse He showed me this morning is from 1 Corinthians 16:8-9, where Paul is talking to the people of Corinth and explaining why he plans to go certain places: "But I will stay on at Ephesus until Pentecost, because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me." I feel like that door is opening for me now.

Also, God has been pressing on my and my roommate's hearts to truly live for the Lord and encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ to do that also. We are human and sometimes the world kind of takes us over in little ways that we might not see as a direct problem. But we've been searching through the Word and seeing more and more that we desire change for ourselves and our brothers. We want to live in a way that will glorify our Savior as much as we can and I don't think there's any greater goal we could aim for in this life. It's inspired some awesome conversations, to say the least. 


4 comments:

Krista Schmidt said...

Hey girl! I loved reading your quirkiness haha so funny...I definitely have felt that God has laid it on my heart lately to be encouraging since I feel it's something that I lack in a lot. I'm so excited to see you soon! When are you coming home/when do you think you can hang out?
:)

Melissa Joy said...

I am learning the same things right now. It is crazy. I think God is really trying to use our generation for something incredible and He is using us to start that movement!!!! How cool is that??

Unknown said...

Hey. Looks like you're feelin some wind. Haha : )

Anonymous said...

that Shane and Shane song is one of my favs too