Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

patience, endurance, boldness.

Three things I definitely need more of. I found some verses that kind of tie in with those concepts as a reminder to myself so I can stay patient, not get burned out, and find a boldness I didn't know was in me.

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience..." - Colossians 1:10-11.

"Boldly and without hindrance [Paul] preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ." - Acts 28:31.

^ that verse in particular is amazing to me. Paul never held back, and of all people, he was one who changed his life completely by the grace of God. How many lives would be changed if we spoke with a boldness like Paul's without reservation? It's so easier said than done.

Anyway, those three thoughts have been on my heart today, mostly because I am impatient with my job (as in I need more money and want to be promoted soon), I'm getting burned out from school so I need endurance from the Lord, and I am trying to be bold in my faith and not hide behind my insecurities. I hope you're letting Him do some work in your life too.

No comments: