Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

the last lecture.

I saw this video on stephen christian's (of Anberlin) blog. It's an hour and sixteen minutes long so I wasn't intending to watch the whole thing, but once I heard this man speak, I couldn't stop. His name is Randy Pausch and he just died last month, July 25, from pancreatic cancer. He did a lot with his life and I just found out he's from my hometown, Columbia, Maryland (which makes this even more amazing). He was a professor at Carnegie-Mellon University and he gave "The Last Lecture", as it's called, on September 18, 2007. I encourage you to watch this because not only is Randy a great speaker, he will leave you with things to consider.

The Last Lecture.


If you watched this, then you'll have picked these up already. But here are some of my favorite quotes from Randy's talk:

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

"The brick walls are there to show us how badly we want something."

"Wait long enough and people will surprise and impress you."

"Loyalty is a two-way street."

This is a quote from a woman he knew: "When it comes to men who are romantically interested in you, just ignore what they say and pay attention to everything they do." haha

"When you do the right thing, good stuff has a way of happening."

"Don't complain, just work harder."

"If you live your life the right way, the dreams will come to you."

He was definitely a cool guy.

No comments: