Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

trust.

trust is a funny thing. i find myself being so caught up in my own human-ness that while i say i'm trusting God, what i'm thinking is, "i want You to believe i'm trusting You, but really, i wish i could fix this myself." that's not real trust. i come back to the verse i read the other day (and wrote a song about.. Come Alive) and i think about seeing nothing, no form in front of me, but "there is only a Voice." that is trust. and my favorite line of my new song is, "i stand at the burning mountain, i see the clouds rising.. i'm crumbling into ashes, but You always refine." these past few months i've definitely felt like i've been reduced to ashes, but as always, the Lord has "brought me to a place of abundance" (psalm 66:10-12). and i can hear His voice, He's definitely shown up so far this week, from one thing to another. He's making paths clear and answering prayers. there is no place for distrust and doubt with Him.

"you were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. from heaven He made you hear His voice to discipline you. on earth He showed you His great fire, and you heard His words from out of the fire."
- deuteronomy 4:35-36

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey are you free on Tuesday at all???