Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

in hardships & difficulties..

"... for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
- 2 Corinthians 12:10

i decided to add to this post to explain why i put this verse up.

life has suddenly taken a turn for the worst. it's not the end of the world by any means, but it's definitely not great.

i was informed tuesday that i no longer have a job. working for any nonprofit is risky, especially in the challenging financial times of today. however, i didn't think i'd be fired after only being at FH for barely 3 months. it's a shock, one i don't think i even understand in my own head yet.

obviously, the financial repercussions of this are not good. but other than that, it devastates me to leave this job at the end of the month because i love my coworkers, i love the work i'm doing, and i love Freedom House. i love that i have been a part of the oldest human rights organization in the US (founded by Eleanor Roosevelt, nonetheless). this would hurt less if i didn't care about the job that much.. but i love everything about it. it sucks when leaving isn't your choice.

some bright spots in the darkness: i'm going to try to find a job closer to home hopefully, my boss is going to write me a kick-ass recommendation and help me job hunt, i get paid 2 more times, and i can keep my benefits up until december. and i'm just grateful that i'm not losing my job because i wasn't doing my work well. my boss was very quick to assure me that this is in no way my fault, it's strictly financial. which makes me feel about 2% better.

on top of those things, i'm in bed sick and october/november has brought a whole host of bad news to not only me, but some friends of mine. things are not going well in the world today and i'm convinced that prayer needs to happen fast and frequently. so i'll be praying for all the people in my life going through a hard time, and i'd appreciate some thoughts as well.

something my good friend texted me:

"the Lord has never once misled your life. He's not doing it now. He ALWAYS provides according to His plan. this is just a puzzle piece."

i believe that.

love you all.

No comments: