Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

as far as the east is from the west..

I mentioned the Psalm 103:11-12 "east from west" verse a few posts ago, but I just wanted to bring it up again because it has turned up in the Casting Crowns song, Psalms, and now a Jillian Edwards song (she's a new favorite). One of the lines is, "every bit of of my soul, every broken little piece.. You've forgiven my sins far as west is from the east.. i'm just a wave tossed and blown by the sea, but Your love's in me." I don't know why this keeps coming up but I know it's a definite reminder of how BIG His love for me is. Maybe He wants me to think about that a little more.

I just read this verse as well:

"'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion on you."
- Isaiah 54:10

He has an unbelievable amount of passion and love for us, and I think it's very easy for us to forget that or realize where it fits into our lives. I know I'm going to be thinking about that.

And also to go along with my last post:

"Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?"
- Isaiah 55:2

He just keeps repeating Himself. :)

No comments: