Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

sunday morning rain is falling...

Rain tends to get in the way of things I want to do on weekends, but today not so much. I actually like it. I woke up at 12:30 (thank you, 4 am bedtime) and went to Wal*Mart for some stuff and iced coffee. Then I headed to Nikki's to catch up with her for a little because I love that girl a lot. :)

Last night was pretty cool-- there was a BBQ at Nikki's house with her roommates and a TON of people. I planned on not staying long but I stayed much longer because I ran into a lot of old friends and it was really good to catch up with them. We started family dinners at the 431 house my first semester of college in 2005 and it's funny to see how they are still going. Tif pointed out that I came to the first and now I attended the last. It feels like my college life has come full circle. I saw people last night who have definitely had a major impact on who I am now (Tif and Lauren Monroe especially). Even though we haven't seen each other in a really long time, they know how much they mean to me and we still love each other just as much. It's awesome how the love of Christ has that ability to unite. There are bonds that will go on forever even without months of talking or seeing people. So cool.

No comments: