Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

life as it is

While it seems that there isn't much going on with my life at the moment because I'm in Salisbury without most of my friends and currently no job, there actually is more to it than that. First of all, I have a job interview on Wednesday. In fact, I ended up with three job opportunities (not all of them around here) and that is definitely a result of prayer and worry. I came back here, didn't have a job, went job hunting, and got frustrated. So I decided to take things into my own hands in a moment of weakness and what did that get me? More than I asked for. Be careful when you decide to do things on your own; God notices. He gave me an answer to that in both a good and bad way. Trusting in Him completely is a big lesson I had to learn last week. Anyway, this is something He showed me and gave me great comfort:

"For You, O God, tested us; You refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let men hide over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance." - Psalm 66:10-12

I know I blogged this verse a few posts ago, but this is why I did. So yeah. Needless to say, I'm in a place of prayer with the job situation. The Lord has shown me He knows what He's doing. Sometimes I wish it was easier to trust Him.

Besides the job hunt, I'm in the process of starting to record again. I have a whole bunch of new projects I've been writing and revising and tearing up and re-writing. So far it's not looking too bad-- the Lord has been speaking to me through Psalms and various other verses. I've got a busy week ahead of me, what with trying to get that done and having a job interview. Also, my best friend has a very important job interview also at John's Hopkins in Baltimore and I am so proud of her-- please pray that it goes well! One of my former roommates is coming to stay with me tomorrow before she moves back on campus so I'm looking forward to that :) And come the weekend, most of my best friends are moving back here for school and I'm so excited! I especially miss my roommate.

Enjoy your day! And do yourselves a favor; do two things: Avoid being cold in this freezing weather and please listen to Hillsong's "This is Our God" album because it's changing my life. :)

No comments: