Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

ask and i'll give the nations to you...

One of my good friends just returned from a trip to India... coincidentally from the same orphanage that one of my other friends had gone to awhile back. India is a place I definitely want to go to-- my heart wants to be with those children. I want to feed the orphans and hold them with my own hands and love them. So you can see how just looking at pictures of my beautiful friend in that place pierced my heart. It always makes my thoughts go straight back to China and the adventures I had there. One of my girls actually emailed me over New Year's and that was awesome. I don't get to talk to them often, but it's amazing to think that three years later, I still have some contact. And I love them just as much as I did when I was there with them. There's so much that I miss-- playing guitar with them (and attempting to teach them how haha), talking about Friends, experiencing their lives firsthand.

I know that the Lord wants me to continue on adventures like that in His name-- I'm just waiting for Him to tell me where, how and when. A lot of people I know have hearts for specific places in the world, but I don't. I want to go wherever. But I have developed a new interest in orphans and helping little children. China was about teaching older kids and that was awesome. But I feel a desperation to hold little children and love them as much as I can. And I am truly grateful that I have friends around me that want to do the same, because hopefully the Lord will let us do it together. He has given us visions already, and I hope they can be carried out in the future.

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'" - Isaiah 6:8

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." - James 1:27

No comments: